I’ve gone a week without blogging, that seems like a lot given how much I’ve been updating the last few months. Why? Glad you asked. I’ve got a lot going on. Oh, you want to know what? Okay, fine, I’ll tell you.
- My love, neigh obsession, with Full House has taken a step further. I’ve now built and have been updating a website lovingly called What The F*#k, Full House?! (http://www.wtffh.com). I’ve been pointing out fun bloopers, mishaps, and continuity issues with the show since about a week and a half ago. And it’s fun. Stupid, yes, but fun.
- I’ve also been spending a lot of time doing some code updates for a website for a fantastic charity that I work with: Boston Bakes for Breast Cancer (http://www.bostonbakesforbreastcancer.org). They’re kick-ass, and you should support them. Not by donating money (though that’s cool, too), but by buying desserts. What happens is kind of genius: you (the consumer) go to a participating bakery or restaurant and buy a dessert at any point during the week in May. That bakery or restaurant turns around and gives the money to Boston Bakes. Who then gives it to Dana Farber. In 2011 they were one of the top donors in terms of percentage of money raised being donated (no operating costs, etc. taken out of the donation money). It’s pretty awesome, and I’ve been working with them since 2010. (MJJ Designs, my company, built the website, and have been maintaining it ever since.)
- I started writing a book. Well, that’s not entirely true. I wrote a book. It’s done, and has been done for a couple/few weeks now. (I can’t remember when I finished.) I’ve sent it off to my buddy who does copy-editing to do a first draft proofread for me. I’ve also been working on the website for the book. My plan is to self-publish it through iBooks, Barnes & Noble and Kindle. They all take a pretty big cut of the money, but I don’t mind. I’m not doing it for money. Why am I doing it? I have no idea. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Note: please don’t ask me if you can read it, it’s not ready yet. When it is, I’ll gladly refer you to where you can buy a copy though. It’ll be reasonably priced, I promise. And if you ask nicely, and I like you, I’ll probably just give you a copy.
Double note: this is also the first time I’m telling anyone, really. Though indirectly, you should feel special that you know. I don’t know why I haven’t mentioned it, but now you know.
- I’ve been planning the rest of my Vegas Vacation slated for the end of June into July. Probably not the best idea to go out there then, as my skin will cook off of my body. But so what. I rented a big house just off the strip as it’ll be cheaper than renting multiple hotel rooms for everyone that’s coming. Should be a great long weekend, and I’m looking forward to it. I haven’t been on a vacation in five years, and I’d say it’s well deserved at this point in my life.
- I had brunch with my dad and Megan yesterday, which was interesting. It was the first time I’d seen him since he moved way out to Fitchburg, which if you’ve never been, is like 49 hours away. (Okay, that may be exaggerating a bit, but it’s still really far away.)
- I have a ton of to-do tasks in my task manager for this week, and they’re glaring at me right now. I hate being responsible, I really really do.
There you have it, a nice orderly list of what’s been going on in my life. Don’t you feel better about yourself?